How to Adjust the Belt on Your Fanny Pack
Congratulations on your brand new Fanny Pack! I hope your is wonderful enough to make you a waist bag convert for life. Those of us who are in the fanny pack club know just how convenient and freeing it is to wear your stuff around your waist, rather than in your pockets, or in a heavy bag hanging around your neck and shoulders. You are free to move, dance, run, spin, and go to the bathroom! What joy!
If this is your first hip bag, belt bag, bum bag (whatever term you have decided on!) or even if you have a collection, you may be wondering the best way to make your bag fit your waist perfectly. A great feature of fanny packs is that the strap is adjustable so that your bag will fit around your waist, and then again if you want to sling it, carry it, or strap it around yourself and a friend. There is a technique to the adjustment hardware, however, and it can be tricky to figure out on your own. Luckily for you, we have taken to YouTube to give you a quick, easy to follow lesson on how to work the best adjustment hardware once and for all!
You can follow along with our video, or scroll down below to see the step by step version!
How to adjust your fanny pack belt:
To make the belt longer:
- Take the Slide ( the plastic colored flat loop piece toward the tail end of your belt) and slide it TOWARD the buckle. This creates a loop in the belt.
- Now pull the buckle end away from the slide to straighten out the loop.
- Congratulations! You have made your belt longer!
To make the belt shorter:
- We will reverse the previous action: pull the belt away from the buckle to create a loop.
- Now pull the slide away from the buckle to straighten out the loop.
- Congrats! Your belt is now shorter!
You can do either of these actions while wearing your fanny pack, or you can take it off to change the length with a bit more ease. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, I am always here to help!